In the unfortunate event of an accident, the insurance adjusters will need accurate information to process your claim. The claims process is much more efficient if you start gathering information immediately after the incident.
If You Have an Accident or Incident:
Do not make any statements (oral or written) without insurance company permission. Tend to any injuries. Protect the aircraft from further loss. Begin gathering information (listed below) to expedite the claims process. Call our office immediately at 800-647-9397. File a NASA Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS) Report and/or NTSB Accident Report as required by FAA regulations. If this is an accident or incident regarding the USPA Demo Jump coverage, please complete this form and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collect the Following Information:
Complete, written description of the event, including time, date, weather information and people involved.
Photocopies of following documentation for any pilots aboard the aircraft during the flight:
- Airman Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Recurrent Training Certificate (if any)
- Last three logbook pages (Or last 20 logbook entries)
- Logbook entries showing the last Biennial Flight Review and/or recurrent training
- Signed aircraft rental / lease agreement (if any)
- Non-Owned / Renter’s / CFI’s Insurance Policy (if any)
Photocopies of the aircraft information, including:
- Airworthiness Certificate
- Logbook evidence of last overhaul, annual inspection and 100 hour inspection. (Engine, Airframe and Propeller)
Copy of any report filed with law enforcement authorities.
Photographs of the damaged aircraft, including all damaged areas and at least one showing the registration number.
Photographs of any property damage caused by the incident.
Name, address and telephone number of every person aboard the aircraft.
Name, address and telephone number of the owner of any other property damaged during the incident.
Name, address and telephone number of any witnesses that observed the incident.
Copies of any medical bills or emergency services fees associated with the incident.
At least one repair estimate that includes:
- Itemized list of parts, including part numbers and prices (Used parts unless otherwise required.)
- Itemized breakdown of the estimated labor hours
- Labor rate (per hour)
As your aviation insurance professionals, we will assist you with your claim in any way that we can. Please feel free to contact us at any time and for any reason. We’re here to help.